Welcome to the Project Planning and Scheduling course, a comprehensive online course offered by the London School of Business Administration. This course is an integral part of our Project Management Programme, designed to equip you with the essential skills and knowledge required for effective project planning and scheduling. As a self-paced, learning experience, this course offers flexibility and depth, allowing you to engage with the material at your own pace while gaining a thorough understanding of each topic.
Course Content Overview:
- Introduction to Project Planning and Scheduling: This initial module sets the stage, introducing you to the fundamental concepts of project planning and scheduling. You’ll understand the course structure and what to expect as you progress.
- Importance of Project Planning and Scheduling in Project Management: Delve into why project planning and scheduling are critical for successful project management, exploring their impact on project outcomes.
- Key Concepts and Terminologies in Project Planning and Scheduling: Familiarise yourself with the essential jargon and concepts, laying a solid foundation for more advanced topics.
- Defining Project Objectives and Scope: Learn how to clearly define project objectives and scope, a crucial step in ensuring project success.
- Identifying Project Stakeholders and their Roles: Understand the roles of different stakeholders in a project and how to manage their expectations and contributions.
- Conducting Project Needs Assessment and Analysis: Master the techniques for conducting thorough needs assessments and analyses, forming the basis for all project planning activities.
- Developing a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS): Learn how to break down projects into manageable tasks using the Work Breakdown Structure methodology.
- Estimating Project Duration and Effort: Acquire skills in accurately estimating the time and effort required for project tasks, a key aspect of project planning.
- Creating a Project Schedule using Gantt Charts: Get hands-on experience in creating detailed project schedules using Gantt charts, a popular project management tool.
- Identifying Project Dependencies and Constraints: Understand how to identify and manage dependencies and constraints that can impact project schedules.
- Managing Project Risks and Uncertainties: Learn strategies for identifying, assessing, and mitigating project risks and uncertainties.
- Resource Allocation and Management: Gain insights into effective resource allocation and management techniques to optimise project efficiency.
- Monitoring and Controlling Project Progress: Discover methods for tracking project progress and making necessary adjustments to stay on track.
- Managing Project Changes and Scope Creep: Learn how to manage changes in project scope and prevent scope creep, a common challenge in project management.
- Communicating and Reporting Project Status: Develop skills in effectively communicating and reporting project status to stakeholders.
- Team Collaboration and Conflict Resolution in Project Planning and Scheduling: Explore strategies for fostering team collaboration and resolving conflicts that may arise during project planning and execution.
- Project Closure and Evaluation: Understand the processes involved in closing projects and conducting post-project evaluations.
- Case Studies and Real-world Examples in Project Planning and Scheduling: Engage with real-world case studies to see how the principles of project planning and scheduling are applied in various industries.
- Final Project Presentation and Assessment: Conclude your learning journey with a final project presentation, where you’ll apply the concepts and skills you’ve acquired to a practical scenario.
This course is ideal for individuals looking to enhance their project management skills, particularly in the areas of planning and scheduling. Whether you’re a seasoned professional or new to the field, this course offers valuable insights and practical skills that can be applied in any project management context.